This post is also available in: Français
Introduction to Cheryl
I never wanted to get old. But here I am, in my 50s.
Well, at the moment I’m closer to 50 than 60, but the fact is, I’m in my 50s and I never thought it would happen.
In my teens I was a good student, but a bit of a rebel. An angry teenager who wanted to dye her hair green but didn’t have the balls to do it.
In my 20s I was already a mother to a young child. I found myself working in a very conservative industry, banking and finance. In my mid 20s I discovered how to party hard. And I was dreading turning 30.
In my 30s I was the mother of a teenager. I was still working in conservative jobs, still partying hard, and had a goal to travel. I travelled a bit, mostly to France, and finally ended up in Moscow, Russia, at the age of 39. Alone in Moscow, teaching English and very afraid! I was happy because I was in Moscow and life had become very interesting!
In my 40s, everything good came to me! I fell in love with Olivier, fell in love with my school in Moscow and my teaching job. I fell in love with travelling and travelled very often with Olivier. In my 40s I got married for the first time (and last!). And still partied hard. And in my 40s I was dreading turning 50.
Now I’m in my 50s, and life couldn’t be better! Well, actually, it probably could. The aches and pains of getting older are sometimes a bother. Hangovers take longer to recover from. I don’t want to work anymore because I’m simply tired of working. I travel a lot, still teach English, and still party hard. And I’m dreading turning 60.
Olivier. Who is he? Good question !
– I was born in Nice in 1969, where I grew up, but then I lived in Paris for years, where I fell in love with punk rock.
– I sang in various punk bands (Coma Prolongé, Georgette 2, CPPN) and I went to thousands of concerts across Europe and beyond.
– I can say that I spent a lot of time in bars.
– I met a lot of people, and some of them became my friends.
– I had trained as a chef in Nice, and with my first wife we had a bar-restaurant in the 17th district of Paris, and later a restaurant in Vincennes (just outside of Paris). I also co-wrote the fanzine-cookbook “Nevermind Ze Cuizine” with Patrick Pujol (an artist who lives in Paris).
– I’ve been passionate about Spiderman since my earliest childhood, I collect everything I can get my hands on. I even have Spiderman tattoos!
– In 2009, I married Cheryl in Australia.
– We moved to Moscow together later the same year.
– Despite the wrinkles, I continue to spend time in bars, although a little less than before. But my liver and my doctor would prefer that I stay at home!
– My friends have also aged, but they are still my friends!
– I gave up singing in punk bands but I still lurk in concerts, not only in Moscow. It is quite common for us to travel to see our favourite bands.
– I changed profession. Now I teach French language to Russian men and women.
– My passion for Spiderman has remained intact! And my tattoos have multiplied!
– And despite the wrinkles and the signs of old age, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~ OlivierFollow us: