This post is also available in: Français
32 is basically the number of teeth you have in adulthood. That is, if you’ve got your wisdom teeth.
And 28 is the number of teeth we’ve got, Cheryl and me. And yes, who knows why, but the wisdom teeth never appeared neither for her, nor for me!!! Some will say there’s a reason for that…
I would just say so much the better, because I’ve often seen friends forced to have surgery during the growing of one of these four additional teeth, because it seems that the gum has not provided enough space to let them flourish freely. And from what I’ve been told, the operation and the days that follow are very painful. So I repeat, so much the better for us that these teeth never grew!
32 (or 28) – so this is the number of teeth in early adulthood. Unfortunately, this number decreases as the years go by, and I would be curious to know how many old rockers still have all their teeth?
In this article, I will discuss this sad observation:
The older we are, the less teeth (and hair) we have!
However, despite the years, your tastes haven’t changed much, and you too may face some problems.
1. You like meat: it’s true, what could be better than a good steak. A rump steak or a rib steak for example. However sometimes it’s the quality of the meat that leaves something to be desired and you find yourself fighting with a piece of rebellious rubber. You chew the meat for a long time so that you can tear it up and swallow it without choking, but you no longer have enough teeth, and you can no longer rely on the remaining ones to get it right. So often, you opt for minced steak. It’s much easier to eat ……… ..and it’s not bad either!
2. You like beer: shit, you don’t have a bottle opener on you! You can’t open it with your fragile teeth. What did you do with the bottle opener that hung around your neck when you were 16? Have you lost it now?! You’ll have to think about buying one!
3. You like ice cream: unfortunately, your gums can no longer bear the cold and it’s impossible for you to bite into your ice cream without feeling intense pain. So much so that you ended up stopping this tasty little treat. Or if you can’t resist, you can sip your chocolate cone with your lips or with your tongue, licking the ice cream until there is only the cone left. This is how you do it, right?
4. You like hot drinks: what misery! You can’t eat ice cream anymore and now you can’t drink your hot coffee or tea either! Smile! In this case, it could be due to a decayed tooth. Phew! An intergenerational dental problem! Because yes, cavities can occur at all ages! Even those younger than us.
5. You’re single (again): tonight you go out to flirt and for that you will need to smile. Well, think again, because the sight of your scattered yellow and black teeth doesn’t make you very desirable! And think about descaling!
Of course, we’ve all been to dentists. As kids, it goes without saying! And we still go there sometimes. And sometimes the solution is, or was, to lose one (or more) tooth!
There are still some dentists who, after removing our teeth, refund us! I’m talking about dentures or false teeth, of course. Personally, I’m not there yet. I still have my real teeth, but starting with a handicap of four teeth since I was not “wise”, there are only “25” left!
I can already hear you saying to me: “It’s ok, you’re 50 years old and you’ve only lost 3 teeth! Don’t complain! ” And you’re right, I don’t complain, but those that remain didn’t grow from the last rain, and some threaten to leave the ship soon! Mind you, it’s not too bad, I love minced steak!
Like many rockers who read this article, I have friends who, having lost almost all their teeth, had to get dentures! I don’t know if they’re comfortable or not, but one thing I’m sure of is that they cost an arm and a leg. I know some who even had to borrow money to finance their new smile. I’m in no hurry to do that.
But we have no other choice when we have no more teeth. Or when the teeth are so rotten that even our grandmother’s remedies are no longer enough to relieve the pain.
To soothe a toothache, put one or two cloves in your mouth, they will soften on contact with your saliva, and then gently crush them between your painful teeth. This will release the essential oil. Keep them on the painful tooth area for half an hour.
2. Ginger and cayenne pepper paste
Not very easy to make, but you can prepare a paste composed of powdered ginger and cayenne pepper. Make a paste by mixing these two ingredients with a little water and soak a small cotton ball that you then place on the painful tooth. If possible, avoid direct contact with the gum, it could irritate it.
3. Peppermint tea
In addition to being palatable, peppermint tea will numb and soothe the pain. Put a teaspoon of dried leaves in a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for 20 minutes. Let cool. Then rinse your mouth by swirling the infusion before spitting it out (or you can also swallow it).
4. Salt water
In a glass of warm water, dilute a teaspoon of salt and rinse your mouth for 30 seconds with this mixture before spitting it out. Salt water will disinfect the area of the diseased tooth. Repeat the treatment several times.
5. Black tea
You can also apply a previously infused black tea bag to the sore tooth. This will help relieve swelling and pain.
As with hair, we are all different and even if all the crap we did in our youth affects the state of our body and the strength of our teeth, you understand that if you have teeth left, there are still things you can do so that you don’t have to wear dentures right away, and you can spend your money on other things. Like for example, a descaling session or the purchase of a bottle opener!
Now you can smile and leave a comment.
Want to receive our newsletters? You’ll get latest news, events, and other goodies first! Newsletters are sent no more than twice a month – we won’t spam you and we won’t sell your email details!Follow us: