This post is also available in: Français
Here is Vally’s interview. A 50 year old rocker! Former Parisian, she was always at concerts and enjoying life. Today she lives in Brittany with her boyfriend, but she is still a rocker!
1. Name: Vally, I’m 50 years old. I started listening to good music in college, with a girlfriend, near Versailles, with my Gothic and then punkabilly look. No need to say that among the bourgeois I was an alien. It wasn’t always easy. I started with new wave and punk. A little later I went to a lot of concerts from ’87 to ’93, mainly in Paris; punk, hard-core, psycho, street punk, rock’n’roll and also festivals, and continued like this until 1999. I met many different people – punks, rockers of course, homeless people too, backpackers, hippies, old, young. From ’95 to ’99 I settled with my boyfriend in Paris, who I met in a concert (of course!). Then I left Paris to settle in Brittany with my other half. We continue going to concerts, but less than before! We are more choosy these days, we choose only the best ones.
2. Profession: psychological medical help
3. Favorite website (other than yours, if you have one): uh, youtube?
4. Favorite drink (with or without alcohol): beer but with more moderation 🙂 and less degree 🙂
5. What you like to do during your free time: concerts, travels, forest walks, reading
6. How long have you known your oldest friend? 40 years, the famous girlfriend with whom I started to listen to rock
7. The positives of aging: experience, reflection, sense of repartee (except that I think I had it very early lol) It’s ok if you don’t become grumpy and bitter lol
8. The negative points of aging: feeling ill and headaches when you drink alcohol, body aches. The tendency to say that life better before, it makes us grumpy and it’s useless
9. Tips or words of wisdom for young people: go to concerts, nothing better than live concerts, meet people and talk with them, with bands, go to record stores, downloading music is ok but you have to move yourself
- Facebook: I have a fb but I do not go too often
If you have any questions or comments for Vally, let us know in the comments below and we’ll pass them on to her!
Like our interview with Vally? Don’t miss our others – “Talk”
Want to receive our newsletters? You’ll get latest news, events, and other goodies first! Newsletters are sent no more than twice a month – we won’t spam you and we won’t sell your email details!