This post is also available in: Français
Time to meet Tony, a new friend from the USA! Tony’s got a very positive outlook on getting older – read all about him below!
I was born grew up and still live in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. I’m one hour and 15 minutes from both Baltimore and DC. I have worked in DC for 33 years. For many people in my area the commute over an hour each way for work is just part of life.
At 13 years old I met an older skater at the park. He had a boom box with him. I heard both Black Flag and Misfits for the first time that day. The day I became a punk…this was 1981.
Growing that close to DC we were always going to shows. I think I saw Bad Brains, Minor Threat, and Government Issue at least 20 times.
- Name – Tony Ray James
- Profession – Project manager for a construction company Washington DC
- Favourite website – You Tube
- Drink of choice – Evan Williams
- What you like doing in your free time – Powerlifting and fishing
- How long have you known your oldest friend – 5th grade
- Good things about getting older – You can’t stop it so you may as well embrace it. I really feel no different now than at 21 just have experienced more that I hope made me wiser.
- Most difficult thing about getting older – I don’t find it difficult…it is a process
- Advice, or words of wisdom, for the young ‘uns about becoming old and wrinkly – Live life…don’t let little shit bring you down…because what seems like a problem is going to teach you something in most cases, and while it may seem a struggle at the time. life is a constant struggle for most….how you face adversity is how you find peace within.
Want to know more about our new friend from West Virginia? Just ask in the comments below and Tony will get back to you as soon as he can!
Like our interview with Tony? Don’t miss our other interviews – “Talk”
Want to receive our newsletters? You’ll get latest news, events, and other goodies first! Newsletters are sent no more than twice a month – we won’t spam you and we won’t sell your email details!Follow us: