This post is also available in: Français
Hey friends! Here is one of Olivier’s old friends. His name’s also Olive, like Olivier! He’s an old punk, like Olivier! He’s from Brittany, not like Olivier. Read his interview below!
I’ll introduce myself, I’m Olive. I live in Nantes now, and have been a fan of rock’n’roll since I was very young. My first two albums were a compilation of the first Beatles songs (quite pop) and the live MC5 (big sound, there was no stronger at the time except for the Stooges). I’m not a musician – I tried but no, too bad. But I had the music ‘virus’, I became a fan of rock, punk and then the Meteors …. The last shows I’ve seen, obviously the Hellfest, Demented Are Go and the Fleshtones.
- Name: Oliv of the jungle, Trinquette, Breton and many others!
- Profession: Computer scientist
- Preferred website (other than yours, if you have one): No favourite site, lots of shit on the internet
- Favourite drink (with or without alcohol): Rhum arrangé (Rum infused with different leaves, fruit, seeds etc – originally from Madagascar)
- What you like to do during your free time: It doesn’t change: listen to music (punk, psycho and dub), have a drink with my wife and our friends, go out with the kids
- How long have you known your oldest friend? 35 years
- The positives of aging: There isn’t really any, you have to stay young and stupid, at least in the head
- The negatives of aging: The hangover lasts longer
- Tips or words of wisdom for young people: Have fun, be a fool, believe in your utopias
- Individual Facebook – olivdelajungle
If you want to ask Olive anything at all about his life, Brittany, or Rhum arrangé, leave a comment below and he’ll get back to you!
Like our interview with Olive? Don’t miss our others – “Talk”
Want to receive our newsletters? You’ll get latest news, events, and other goodies first! Newsletters are sent no more than twice a month – we won’t spam you and we won’t sell your email details!Follow us: