This post is also available in: Français
Who: Lionel “442nd Street” (radio show, fanzine, record label).
Where: Sens, France, shitty city
1957: My first cry, a few months before Sputnik’s beep
1965 (more or less a few months): Discovered several interests which I will never manage to get out (rock’n’roll, comic, cinema), my life will never be the same, to the chagrin of my mother who hoped to make someone good.
1982: Passed my first records on the radio (that’s the official version, since there was a pirate radio attempt in 1981 but, shhh, do not say, at the risk of being dangerous wireless terrorist)
1995/1996: Launch of a fanzine and a label of record, history to share my devouring and overflowing passion for rock ‘n’ roll
21st century – Death in circumstances still undetermined, the scientific police loses its Latin and humanity retains its breath (or vice versa)
- Given name (name): Lionel DEKANEL
- Occupation: Retired from the Post Office
- Preferred website (except yours if you have one): king.com (to play Candy Crush when I have 5 minutes to lose, I have simple tastes)
- Favourite drink (with or without alcohol): Beer (what did it do to me?)
- What do you like doing during your free time? Besides my radio, fanzines and discographic activities? Writing for other fanzines (right now, Punkulture, Mass Prod’s zine), reading, watching DVDs or documentaries, travel. I would like to eat, but I have no time, bitch of life
- How long have you known your oldest friend? Not far from 40 years old (a punk, normally, he should have died at 20, like Sid, but he’s still there, the traditions are lost)
- The positives of aging: Osteoarthritis, grey hair, tinnitus – the joys
- The negatives of aging: People give you less grief, especially in the street
- Tips or words of wisdom for young people: Today you are young idiots, tomorrow you will be old idiots, life is no surprise, some things never change
- Website: www.la442rue.com
Like our interview with Lionel? Click here to read the others!
Want to receive our newsletters? You’ll get latest news, events, and other goodies first! Newsletters are sent no more than twice a month – we won’t spam you and we won’t sell your email details!Follow us: