This post is also available in: Français
I am from Armagh, Northern Ireland but raised Dublin, the Republic’s capital, as well as a few childhood years in Chicago. I just turned 50 on my daughter’s 4th Birthday – yes good timing. I’ve lived in Moscow for almost 13 years and love to explore, travel, teach and learn. I also like beer and making money but not as much as I like spending time with my super smart, talented daughter and quality time with my sexy gastronomically masterful sexy wife.
1. Name – Hugh Mc Enaney
2. Profession – English teacher, voice over artist, positivity coach
3. What were you like as a teenager? – I was nuts as a teen after discovering alcohol, girls and parties and my father’s car keys. I was as mad as a hatter and everyone knew it. It was a good laugh but some stupid things were done which I’m lucky to have survived.
4. How have you changed since then? – I’m slightly more responsible now and have a lot less energy which is probably a good thing
5. What do you like doing in your free time? – I like to meet friends, I do a lot of charity work and love to be around and giggle with my daughter
6. How long have you known your oldest friend? – I am lucky to have some friends from school in 1985, so 35 years
7. Good things about getting older – I’ve more freedom to do the things I couldn’t do when I was younger like play the ukelele and roller blade. I’ve more money in the bank to see above. I’m more tolerant of stupidity
8. Most difficult thing about getting older – I’m wrecked after a few beers but I do still try. Navel gazing can be an easy distraction
9. Advice, or words of wisdom, for the young ‘uns about becoming old and wrinkly – the old cliche. Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Pick and stick with a sport or more than one and make it an inherent part of your life.
Facebook individual: https://www.facebook.com/hughmcenaney
Like our interview with Hugh? Don’t miss our others – “Talk”
Want to receive our newsletters? You’ll get latest news, events, and other goodies first! We send newsletters no more than twice a month – we won’t spam you and we won’t sell your email details!Follow us: