This post is also available in: Français
Here is an interview with an “old guy”. Hervé, a friend of Olivier’s for 30 years! Quality bassist in the now disbanded group “Coma Prolongé”.
He went to live in California 25 years ago, but he keeps on Rock ‘n’ Rolling!!! That’s what counts, right?
Hello ! I was born in 1968 in La Rochelle in Charente-Maritime, France. My studies took me to Nantes, then to Paris, then to military service in Toulon … Back in Paris, work made me come to California where I’ve been installed now for 25 years. I have always loved music, classical, rock, punk, etc … but never really “mainstream”. Married, 2 children, past 50, but still able to go out to see concerts, especially emerging artists wanting to push the limits.
1: Name: Hervé Brelay
2. Profession: Technical Director
3. Favorite website (other than yours, if you have one): Ugh…. there is really a lot of shit on the internet … I do not really have a “favorite” site.
4. Favorite drink (with or without alcohol): The Moorish … Although getting older, I start drinking old drinks like Suze … (these are French drinks)
5. What do you like doing during your free time: Free time ???? wooahhhhh what a question ….! Is it true that in France, there was even a ministry of free time ?? No kidding … Well yes, without joking I always like going out to see concerts. For example:
– Psyclon Nine: it’s very surprising the first time … but it’s very interesting what he’s trying to do.
– Combichrist: it’s blah album, but impressive on stage. Never the same concert, I can’t the believe creativity from year to year (on stage)
– God Bombs: I just discovered, an intimate concert where I could talk with and encourage them.
But it’s cool to go see the old bands that are still playing … ska, punk, rockabilly …
In addition, in San Francisco, we often have the opportunity to see Jello Biaffra who often appears in other people’s concerts (he celebrated his 60th birthday last year)
6. How long have you known your oldest friend? Ah … My best friend I knew since 1988 died of brain cancer. 47 years old … that’s also aging … starting to lose your good friends.
But with Facebook, I have a former college friend who contacted me .. and that friendship dates from the last century at least …. Ahahaha, I mean end of the 70s, early 80s.
7. The good things about growing old: Seeing your children grow up, and steering them in life. My children are 19 and 17 … they are the ones who slap me now !!!
8. The negatives of aging: Getting a fat belly … knees that no longer hold me … the doctor that asks me to stop drinking for 6 months because of the liver …. And then there’s the dentist who tells me that he has to pull a tooth …
So health …
9. Tips or words of wisdom for young people: Enjoy thoroughly your youth and carelessness. life can be very short and must be enjoyed. Well, being young is always bullshit, but it is probably a good thing to avoid just too much messing under the pretext of being young.
- Individu Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/herve.brelay.5
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/hervebrelay/
Ask Hervé anything you want in the comments below, and we’ll make sure he gets back to us with the answers.
Like our interview series? Don’t miss the others – “Talk”
Want to receive our newsletters? You’ll get latest news, events, and other goodies first! Newsletters are sent no more than twice a month – we won’t spam you and we won’t sell your email details!Follow us: