This post is also available in: Français
Hey I’m Watty
I am vocals for Punk band The Sentence
I love to see original Punk bands who write and play their own music
I’ve been in and out of bands since I was 17 and love gigging
I live with my wife Lisa and dog Bracken in a small 18th century 1 bed cottage in Lancashire
I have 3 beautiful daughters and 2 sons all grown up now I also have fantastic grand children
I am 54 years old but my head says 24 but my body lets me know that is not true!
- Name: Anthony Watson (Watty)
- Profession : Lab Technician
- What were you like as a teenager: Spotty Punk Rocker,Glue sniffer
- Have you changed since then : No spots,No Glue sniffing but still a Punk rocker
- What do you like doing in your free time: Writing new songs,Rehearsing & gigging with The Sentence Spike,Ged,Steve & Andy ,watching other bands,metal detecting,spending time with my wife and our dog Bracken,enjoying watching my children achieve things I never did.
- How long have you known your oldest friend: I’ve known our drummer Ged for over 20years and he still annoys me 😉
- Good things about getting older : More tolerant not as snappy in making decisions,more thankful for what I have and more appreciative of what others have done for me.
- Most difficult thing about getting older: Losing family & friends, also trying to do things when your body says no but your head still says yes.
- Advice, or words of wisdom, for the young uns about becoming old and wrinkly : Accept who you are and stay true to yourself, don’t change for no-one, and don’t be afraid of showing love to those around you,we live once enjoy your life
- Facebook link : https:www.facebook.com/wattyriot
- The Sentence https://www.facebook.com/northwestpunkband/
We hope you enjoyed Watty’s interview as much as we did. You can contact him on the links above if you’ve got any questions for him!
Like our interview with Watty? Don’t miss our others – “Talk”
Want to receive our newsletters? You’ll get latest news, events, and other goodies first! Newsletters are sent no more than twice a month – we won’t spam you and we won’t sell your email details!